In order to be compliant with the venues, as well as cater for the community - we are opening up the markets for pet dogs where possible. Unfortunately, as some of our venues are within National Parks & Racecourses, there are still sites that have a Market Day No Dog Policy. Service dogs not included.
Dogs not allowed:
Policy for ‘Dogs Allowed’ Sites-
● Dogs must be on a 2m or shorter leash – Retractable leashes are not permitted.
Please ensure that leashes do not get tangled in the temporary structures and do not become a tripping hazard.
● Not all dogs are appropriate for the market setting. Large crowds, accessible food,
small children and other dogs can challenge your dog’s attention and behavior. If your dog is not comfortable in public conditions, holds ANY reactive tendencies or is prone to barking, please ensure you leave them at home.
● Everyone has a right to feel safe and comfortable. Please keep your dog from
approaching strangers. There may be people with severe fears of animals or allergies. We ask that you be mindful of other people when bringing your dog onsite.
● You are responsible for your dog’s business. Please prevent them from doing their
business in the market area. If your dog does make a mess, you are responsible for
cleaning it up.
– If your dog’s business compromises the product or equipment of a stallholder, you are responsible for making financial reparations as the vendor deems appropriate.
– Please be prepared with pick-up bags; you are responsible for disposal. If bins are not available, please ensure you are taking the waste away with you.
● Any violations of the above practices, or any instances, that compromise the
safety of the market, will require you to remove your dog. Craft Markets Australia
reserve the right to ask for you to take your dog offsite. Please courteously cooperate with Market Staff in addressing any concerns that arise from the presence of your dog.